Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Lapsang Venison

I have been hanging onto a recipe from the Telegraph  that I finally got round to giving it a try this week. The local farmers market had some wonderful looking Venison in on Sunday, so Venison loin with lapsang souchong tea, anise carrots, horseradish and chive dumplings and a carrot purree it was then. I emerged out the other side with something resembling a cross between the Telegraph's picture and a regular Mummy dinner featuring an anaemic dumpling. I had hoped for a Michelin style arrangement but hunger set in and two halves of a baby Chanterey carrot just wouldn't do. Oh, just incase you weren't paying attention or your eyes glazed over! My dish on the left, Telegraph to the right! x


12 comments:

  1. It looks great to me and the picture looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mummy never cooked meals like that. I wish she did! The tea with the venison sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh venison my favourite. Anise carrots sound delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear MCW,
    both pictures look lovely - and I prefer them 'not photoshopped'. The combination of dark venison, slightly smokey lapsan, a whiff of liquorice - anis - sweetness with the carrots and a little smack of horseradish to counteract too much sweet - that sounds delicious. I am sure you enjoyed the taste AND the view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very delicious. This makes me really really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you certainly take on a challenge, the recipe looks quite difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So tempting, it looks really rich which I love.
    This is great time of year to eat this kind of food. Jem

    ReplyDelete
  8. Venison is my favourite, never had it with tea but it sounds delicious. SW

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the recipe.....adore lapsong tea.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please invite me for dinner next time Paul.
    Aveline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love venison and I love the sound of this recipe. I looked at the telegraph recipe and its actually quite fiddly and complicated. Well done, great results.

    ReplyDelete