Saturday, 31 March 2012

Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea

I don't know about you, but my mother always told me not to play with my food. Quite a difficult feat to perform this week when we were invited to a Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea at the Sanderson Hotel in Central London. The 5 Star hotel is serving a surreal afternoon tea in the stunning Phillp Hicks designed Courtyard Garden.
So with our best foot forward we tumbled down the rabbit hole to join the Alice in Wonderland inspired gastronomic adventure. Quite a strange scene to witness at first with tables of adult diners giggling, sucking on lollipops and swigging from magical potion bottles. 
The 'Drink me' potion had to be my favorite part of the tea. As you drink, the flavours change.
Very clever and great fun!

GLASS OF LAURENT-PERRIER CHAMPAGNE
OR A CHOICE OF ALICE INSPIRED COCKTAILS

RAINBOW COLOURED FINGER SANDWICHES

'EAT ME'
Queen of Hearts Strawberries and Cream Mousse

'DRINK ME'
Passion fruit Jelly, Coconut Pana-cotta & Exotic Foam

CHOCOLATE OPERA RABBIT'S CLOCK
Chocolate & Coffee Layered Sponge Cake

BLUEBERRY LOLLIPOP
will turn your mouth from hot to cold

HAZLENUT PRALINE ICE-CREAM LOLLIPOP
explodes with a single bite

TRADITIONAL SCONES
Served with strawberry preserve and clotted cream

Selection of Artisan Teas & Coffee


 

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, there's the gauntlet for all tea parties from now on. I adore your blog! I've spent the morning looking through it. Oh how I wished I could waltz into your charming store right now - but I am off to your website.
    Happy Twirls,
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paul,
    what a lovely tea party! And such an enticing menu card and wonderful cookies! What do you say? "Take some more tea"? "I've had nothing yet, (...) so I can't take more." "You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter: "it's very easy to take more than nothing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a memorable tea party. I am glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a find, I would really enjoy a mad hatter's afternoon tea at the Sanderson. The Drink Me potion sounds absolutely magical. All washed down with a nice glass of bubbly. I'm there!

    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this just looks divine, divine, divine. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oh oh- what a fun time you must have had! The pictures are wonderful-- the food is fabulous- almost too pretty to eat! Did you see that white rabbit anywhere?
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us all just leave the real world behind for a while and go to the Sanderson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the tea party of all tea parties.
    Just checked out the venue, its so chic, oh my! Jem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like so much fun. The queen of hearts mousse looks delicious. SW

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! So nice to be able to be 10 again, even if just for a little while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So delicious looking I can almost taste that drink me potion.
    Ally

    ReplyDelete